Monday, March 5, 2012

Behind the Scenes of Trip #1: How We Waited for Skype Calls

Dayton and Julianne waited up with me almost every night that we had Skype calls.  There were only a few nights that they fell asleep earlier.  I am so thankful that they wanted to wait up with me!  The truth is that I would have been bored stiff without them waiting up to keep me company and make me laugh. 

I'm not sure how parents who don't already have a lot of kids manage to wait through the process.  The waiting day to day is hard enough.  Knowing where Keith is and what his days consist of makes it much harder.  Knowing that he needs to get home, get good nutrition, and get medical treatment makes me feel panicked, but I know God is in control.  I'm so thankful that God gave me my wonderful children that are already home to wait through it with me. 

I thought first I'd let you know what my house sounded like at about 2 or 3 am each night.  :)



I'm going to wait until tomorrow to draw for the gifts.  I KNOW that there are people who shared and who gave toward our Family Sponsorship Page.  I don't know what to put you in for unless you tell me though.  I also don't know for sure who shared without being told and I don't like to call out names of who donated.  Maybe the people who donated don't even read the blog.  ???  I really don't know, but if you let me know before tomorrow evening then I will put you in for your chances. 

You can still vote to help spread the word about waiting kids by voting for our blog on Circle of Moms.  There is a button that links you to the place to vote on the left hand side of the blog. 

4 comments:

  1. Some of us who donated weren't really interested in winning anything we just donated to support you. At least that's the case with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe that is the case, bc I'm not hearing for someone. I think that is very sweet and I appreciate it so much!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amanda:) I am also a person who donated that doesn't need to win a prize. Your family is an inspiration to me. I've been in Cafemom groups with you for years and always thought you were the sweetest person and loved hearing about your large family. Good luck and God bless. Can't wait to hear about your babies arriving in America:)Love Kristy

    ReplyDelete